Ankle examination ,ankle sprain ,ankle pain
Este artículo y/o video es publicado originalmente en:
De y Todos los derechos reservados para:
Courtesy: Prof. Nabil Ebraheim, University of Toledo,Ohio, USA
Publicado el 15 dic. 2016
• The Anterior Drawer Test:
This test is used to test the integrity of the anterior talofibular ligament, which is the weakest and the most commonly injured ligament in ankle sprains (lateral collateral ligament).
• The Talar Tilt Test:
Is used to test the calcaneofibular ligament, and is probably testing the anterior talofibular ligament and the calcaneofibular ligament.
• The Squeeze Test:
– High ankle sprain
– At the calcaneus to check for stress fracture of the calcaneus.
– At the metatarsals: to check for morton’s neuroma.
In addition to the squeeze test, you can use the external rotation test or the gravity test to check for syndesmotic injury.
• Thompson Test: will test tear of the Achilles tendon.
• The best test of all is the ability to bear weight, if you cannot bear weight, then there probably is an ankle fracture.Become a friend on facebook:
Follow me on twitter:
Donate to the University of Toledo Foundation Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Endowed Chair Fund: